Tomorrow we are ready for the F-35 JESB here in Oslo, and, as promised in our invitation two weeks ago, we will be operating a dedicated Press Center during the summit. Today we can finally confirm the location and exact schedule for the Press Center. Media who have yet to register for the Press Center, do not despair – you may still do so by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Grand Hotel Conference Center – entrance through Karl Johans Gate 27 (elevator up to the 7th floor.)
In our schedule for the day, we have tried to provide several different perspectives on the current standing of the F-35-program, both from the industry side, and from the government side. We will also provide a period during which journalists can carry out individual interviews and file stories, and we will be providing a few work tables for attending media in the Press Center.
- 09:00-12:00: Industry Briefings
- 09:00-10:00: Lockheed Martin – briefing and media availability by Vice President and Program Manager F-35 Jeff Babione.
- 10:00-11:00: Pratt & Whitney – briefing and media availability by Chris Flynn, Vice President, Pratt & Whitney F135/F119 Engine Programs.
- 11:00-11:30: Kongsberg – briefing and media availability by Mr. Harald Aannestad, Executive Vice President, Kongsberg Defence Systems.
- 11:30-12:00: Nammo – briefing and media availability by Mr. Vegard Sande, Program Director APEX.
- 12:00-15:00: Time for interviews, background conversations.
- 15:00: Program Status Brief – Norwegian MoD
- 17:30-18:15: Press Conference regarding the JESB with Norwegian Minister of Defence, Ms. Ine Eriksen Søreide, the chairmen of the JESB, US Assistant Secretary of the Navy, Mr. Sean Stackley and Norwegian National Armamemts Director Mr. Morten Tiller, and F-35 Program Executive Officer Lieutenant General Christopher C. Bogdan.
During the day we will also be releasing a group photo of the JESB members, as well as b-roll and still photography from inside the JESB meeting room.
Please note that the leaders of the JESB meeting themselves will only be available for comment during the Press Conference at the end of the day. Spokesmen for the JPO, Lockheed Martin and the Norwegian F-35 Program Office will however be available for interviews, background briefs and comments in the press center throughout the day. To arrange for interviews with industry leaders, we ask that you contact their respective communications units directly, or that you contact their representatives in the Press Center.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me, and and you may also follow our updates on Twitter, at @Kampfly_no.